Amiodarone 200 Mg
Available by prescription only, amiodarone (Cordarone®, Pacerone®, Nexterone®) comes as a tablet and as an injection that is given intravenously (via a slow drip into a vein). This medication is approved to treat certain types of serious abnormal heartbeats known as ventricular arrhythmias.
Amiodarone comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Amiodarone 50 mg per mL injection, available in 5-mL, 10-mL, and 20-mL vials
- Amiodarone premixed injection 150 mg per 100 mL (Nexterone)
- Amiodarone premixed injection 360 mg per 200 mL (Nexterone)
- Amiodarone 100 mg tablets
- Amiodarone 200 mg tablets
- Amiodarone 400 mg tablets.
Your specific dosage will depend on the particular form and strength of the medicine being used, other medical conditions you have, and various other factors. Possible side effects include fatigue, nausea, and vomiting.
(Click Amiodarone for more details on when a healthcare provider may prescribe 200 mg of amiodarone. More dosing guidelines are also included in this article, as well as information on how the drug works, safety precautions, and dosing instructions.)