Heart Home > Info on Carvedilol CR Effects and Treatment Instructions
- Heart rate
- The force with which the heart pumps blood
- Blood pressure (both systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure).
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You should take carvedilol CR with food.
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not chew or crush the capsules.
- If absolutely necessary, the capsules may be opened and the contents sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be warm and should be eaten immediately without chewing.
- Be sure to take this medication at the same time each day, to keep an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.