Heart Home > Precautions and Warnings With Carvedilol CR
There are many precautions and warnings with carvedilol CR to be aware of before starting treatment. It is important to know that this medication can cause a slow heart rate, lower blood pressure, or decrease kidney function in some people. Carvedilol CR is not suitable for everyone; you should not take this beta blocker if you have asthma, sick sinus syndrome, or severe liver disease.
- Heart disease
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant