Heart Home > Tikosyn
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tikosyn include the following:
- Tikosyn comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- This medication must be started in a hospital setting so your heart rate and kidneys can be monitored. You will remain in the hospital for at least three days after beginning treatment.
- You can take Tikosyn with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For Tikosyn to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Tikosyn your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your heart rate
- Your kidney function
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medicines you are taking.
Side Effects of TikosynJust like any medicine, Tikosyn can cause side effects. Like most antiarrhythmics, Tikosyn can cause very serious side effects, which is why it is reserved for cases involving severe symptoms.
- Chest pain