The recommended dosage of Multaq for treating atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter is 400 mg twice a day. The medication should be taken with food, preferably the morning and evening meals. Compared to many other arrhythmia drugs, dosing with this product is quite simple; there is only one standard dosage for this medication (regardless of your age or weight).
Multaq Dosage: An Introduction
The dosing guidelines for Multaq® (dronedarone) are surprisingly simple, compared to many other arrhythmia medications. There is only one standard dosage, regardless of your age or weight. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Multaq Dosage for ArrhythmiasThe standard recommended dosage of Multaq for atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter is 400 mg twice daily (with the morning and evening meals). Because some drug interactions with Multaq are very serious, you should not start Multaq unless you have completely stopped taking certain other medications (see Multaq Interactions for further information).
General Information on Dosing With Multaq
Some considerations for people taking Multaq include the following:
- Multaq comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- This medication should be taken with food (with the morning and evening meals). Taking it on an empty stomach will make it less effective.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Multaq will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you forget to take your dose, simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Multaq dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.